File No. :884
Moon Man Kaya Toast
- Milk Bread, brioche bread, or regular white bread. Japanese brick toast is recommended
- Moon Man kaya jam of your choice
- Cinnamon powder
- Granulated sugar
- Soft Boiled egg or Onsen Tamago
Print This Recipe
- If you use Japanese brick toast or get your hand on a whole bread, slice them to about 1" thick. If you use regular sliced bread, no worries. Your toast will taste just as delicious, just not as soft in the middle.
- Mix cinnamon powder and granulated sugar in a 1:2 ratio.
- Apply a thin layer of mayonnaise on both sides of the bread, and put them on a griddle or a frying pan on low to medium heat.
- Once the bottom is toasted in a nice even layer, flip it over and dash some cinnamon-sugar mixture. Do this to both sides.
- Use the back of a spoon to apply the kaya jam. You can create a checkered toast if you have 2 or 3 different flavors of Moon Man kaya jams.
- Optional: Add a small cold butter on top of the kaya jam layer.
- Serve warm with a side of coffee or tea. Alternatively, you can use this as part of breakfast by serving this with a soft boiled egg (about 4 minutes in boiling water) or Japanese onsen tamago with a dash of soy sauce.